This site has moved to: traceytee.com/blog – see ya there!
Here is our fair house, a modest 1963 Ranch in Denver. We closed on Valentine’s Day in 2007. The Hus was horribly sick with the flu and we couldn’t even enjoy our bottle of champagne. Nor could we enjoy the insane two months of preliminary renovations waiting for us, which has to be finished before we could move in. The flu of course passed on to me. Ever ripped up tack strip with a fever? It’s super fun!
After nearly 6 months of looking for homes at entry level Denver prices, this was of course the very last house we looked at. The minute we walked in, our Realtor exclaimed “It’s got good bones!” She was right. It’s got GREAT bones. The bones were sadly covered in every shade and form of pink you can imagine: pink carpet throughout (but gorgeous hardwood under there!!), pink wallpaper in stripes, flowers and metallics, pink toilets, pink sinks, pink laminate counter tops in the kitchen, PINK GROUT in the tile people! Here’s a looksee:
Now on to what I think was my favorite little nugget of decorating in this house: the downstairs bathroom. In a total departure from pink the previous owners decided to embrace the seizure-inducing color combo of yellow and blue! They loved it so much they wallpapered the ENTIRE bathroom in it. What do I mean by entire? I mean EHN-TY-ER. Like the cabinets, and of course, why not keep going across the back of the bathroom door?
So there’s the nuts and bolts of the good bones of the house. This was four years ago and we’re still working on the space, de-pinking it room and bringing out her hidden beauty. Over the last four years The Pink Ranch has very much become our home, and even with all her bizarre quirks and unanswered questions we love this place very much. At first it was just me and The Hus, and now the home is filled with two gorgeous dogs and a beautiful baby girl. We are blessed. And, we are tired.
Well hello there. This site has been a long time coming, but at long last it seems 2011 is the year a lot of things are going to change; and thus a perfect time to get the Tracey Tee site up and running. I’m starting this blog/website and egotistically naming it after myself for the following reasons:
1) This is a portfolio site, should you wish to hire me as a:
I also do television appearances and speaking engagements on the above topics. People say I’m funny.
2) My husband and I have been renovating our 1963 Ranch for 4 years now, and I need a place to keep track of all our adventures.
3) I have two gorgeous & insane dogs – Fran and Lucy – and I think I should show them off to the world.
4) I’ve been running and ecommerce company for nearly 7 years now, founding three sites that specialize in gorgeous gifts. I love discovering fantastic new products and sharing them with others.
5) I’m passionate about healthy living, cooking great food and all that surrounds those ideals. I recently had my first child, so these topics are even more dear and important to me, and I’ll be sharing those thoughts with you.
So onwards and upwards we go!!